Dear Volvo V60,
Several months have passed now since we were last together, but I just can’t stop thinking about you. I had never experienced what life could be like in a fully loaded V60 like you and I liked it more than I thought I would. There were just so many things about you, like your built in booster seats, that saved me time and hassle. Or the way your heated front seats are designed to hug the passengers. I loved your constant hugs and my back never ached while driving you around thanks to the built in lumbar support. Not to mention your buttery leather interior. How did you know that my favorite color of interior is camel? It was like you were made just for me.
I think back to the laughs we shared. I know the drop down head rests in the back seat was for increased visibility, but it was so enjoyable to whack my children in the head with it at the push of a button when they were giving me sass. My kids never saw it coming. I could just push the button on the instrument panel and the headrests plopped down swiftly leaving them no time to react.
I never felt lost when I was with you. Thanks to your built in GPS with turn by turn directions. And you spoke to me so kindly, unlike other GPS’s that never say please and bark recalculating a hundred times at me.
Sometimes it even felt like you could sense what I was thinking. Like when I would wonder if my children were buckled in you would just light up the seating arrangement on the dash and show me who was buckled in or not. Or when I was driving around and didn’t know the speed limit you were constantly tracking road signs and showing me the current speed limit.
My time with you went by too fast, but at least I have this video keepsake of our time together:
Who this car is for
- Families with kids in boosters seats (built in!)
- Families who don’t need a third row
- Map challenged drivers who require a solid GPS
What I loved
- Power lumbar support
- Built in booster seats in the back row! (Hello no more struggling to install a bulky booster seat that has to be cinched down 5 different ways. Then you break down and take it to the fire department eventually because apparently you’re just too incompetent to do it yourself!)
- Roadside information: it reads the roads signs and tells you the current speed limit
- Heated steering wheel
- Rain sensing windshield wipers
- Cross traffic alert
- Lane departure assist
- Air vents in the back seat
- Lots of charging outlets
- Adult size back seat
What You Need to Know
- Gets 20 MPG city/28 MPG highway; I averaged 19.4 MPG
- Seats 5
- Starting price of the V60: $41,000; price of the Platinum model we tested: $49,775
- The child booster seats are an upgrade
- Sirius radio with 6 month complimentary subscription
- Smartphone app has remote start feature
- 40/20/40 flat folding rear seats with center arm rest
- 48 month/50,000 miles limited warranty
Note: Volvo provided the V60 for my test drive and brief love affair; opinions expressed are my own.