Enhanced technology, clever interiors and smarter safety features are what you’ll find inside these Ford SUVs.
Ford has been on a tear lately, revealing SUVs one after another. The company unveiled the newly updated Ford Explorer Sport at the 2017 New York International Auto Show, adding to the lineup that includes the completely redesigned Expedition for families living large and the all new EcoSport, for drivers who want to ‘Go Small, Live Big’ as the company says. Two big additions to all of Ford’s SUVs are the updated Sync3 system and the addition of 4G LTE Wifi embedded in each car that is accessible by up to 10 devices. Here are more highlights that make these SUVs stand out in a crowded field.
The Sexy New 2018 Ford Explorer Sport Adds Adventure to Your Lifestyle
The Ford Explorer you know and love has a stylishly updated interior and exterior, while still offering all the safety and space you need. Its got a new grille and new fog lamps, but the FordPass technology – helping you find and control your vehicle from your smartphone – really helps Ford live up to its “Go Further” tag line.
The big news with the Explorer Sport is all about its look: A blacked out front grille, wheels and door handles offset the body color for a chic and sporty look. New available options include:
- Five new wheel options, new interior colors, and four new exterior colors – burgundy velvet tinted clearcoat, cinnamon glaze, platinum dune tricoat and blue metallic.
- Intelligent AWD with Terrain Management System lets you shift into one of four settings to match your terrain.
- Safe and Smart Package includes adaptive cruise control, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, blind spot and lane departure warning.
- LED high and low beams and WiFi hotspot in the Platinum series.
- 3.5L EcoBoost that generates best-in-class 365 V6 horsepower plus 350 lb.-ft. of torque.
2018 Ford EcoSport: Comfort and Technology
The EcoSport is a sporty, compact crossover. I am not a fan of the side-hinged rear hatch, but I love the new cargo management system that allows you to raise and lower the cargo floor for your needs – a great way to hide items from view when your car is parked! Ford plans to add five new models to its crossover and SUV lineup by 2020.
Options in this all new model, which should be in dealers showrooms in the fall, include:
- Intelligent 4WD.
- Cargo Management System lets you create your own cargo solutions.
- High-res 8-inch floating touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- SYNC Connect allows you to remotely start, lock, unlock and locate your vehicle.
- Efficient power options include 1.0L 3-cylinder turbocharged EcoBoost engine or 2.0L 4-cylinder engine.
2018 Ford Expedition: Power and Functionality
The most powerful Expedition ever is new from the ground up for 2018. And it has been dieting – losing nearly 300 pounds off the previous model to aid fuel economy and performance!
New available options include:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist makes trailering as easy as turning a knob.
- 360-degree camera and park assist.
- 4WD with Terrain Management System.
- Seating for up to eight and Advanced Cargo Management System.
- First full-size utility vehicle to feature a second row seat with tip-and-slide functionality – giving you access to the third row without removing a car seat!
- Standard twin-turbo 3.5L EcoBoost engine with a 10-speed transmission.
Another exciting offering from Ford is the Police Responder Hybrid Sedan, offering a combined 38 mpg fuel economy rating. This hybrid could save police departments thousand of dollars by using electric power during idling time.
Check out all the new Ford’s at the New York International Auto Show this week through April 23rd.